Getting a job is a really difficult task.What is more difficult than that is the preparation for the job. As far as the preparation for the job interview is concerned, you need to focus on 2 things primarily. First is the enhancement of your existing skill set and second is the documentation of the resume. Many people however do not understand the importance of the resume. They think that it is just an overrated piece of document, which is not true at all. The resume is an overview of yourself. It lists out all the essential information that are required for the process of your employment.A majority of the IT Careers, Delhi or any other cityis filled up on the basis of the impression that is created by the resume of a candidate.
Here are some of the factors that show the importance of a professional resume:
- Essential Details: The resume mentions all your important details. For example, your name, date of birth, permanent address and present place of residence.
- Job Profile: With the help of your resume, the interviewer will be able to see how your current profile matches the profile that is desired by the company.
- Education: The resume lists out your entire academic background from your 10thand 12thto graduation and post-graduation. It also states the names of the academic institutions that you have been a part of.
- Your Skills: The resume lists all the skills that are possessed by you. These are the skills on the basis of which the interviewer will judge and test your knowledge.
- Work Experience: Speaking of knowledge and wisdom regarding the profile that you apply for, the work experience plays a very important role. This is because practical knowledge is given more weightage than theoretical knowledge.
One of the most important points to be kept in mind is that you should not brag and also not lie about your skills in the resume. The interviewer at any point may confront you about any of the details that you have mentioned. It could be a particular skill that you have stated that you possess or a certain accomplishment that you have stated that you had achieved. If you fail to justify your answer, the interviewer would assume that all that is mentioned in the resume is a lie and you are going to be rejected.
So, make sure to be honest always and include only those things that you already know. Also keep the resume short, simple and precise.