Whether we like to admit it or not, our smartphones are glued to our sides. They’ve become an additional limb, something we feel lost without. For some, this is because phones are a great way to keep in touch with family and friends while practising social distancing while for others it’s a tool to ensuring business continuity in the age of the cloud.
So, if they’re already with us 99 percent of the time, surely there are things that can be simplified in our lives by using the technology that we’re familiar with and always have on hand? Let’s explore this thought.
1. Safely store important informationIf you aren’t already doing so, you should be. Remembering important dates becomes easier when you add them to your phone’s calendar and syncing it with your email accounts. This ensures that all your devices can remind you about upcoming events.
Another smartphone function with utilising is the notepad, voice recorder or even the Dictaphone – especially when you’re in a meeting. This will ensure that you have a concise record of everything that was discussed and the items that require action.
2. On the go catch-upsSmartphones have impressive cameras, making video calls a breeze. If you need to catch up with loved ones or attend a meeting remotely, you’ll want to install the necessary apps on your phone so that you’re able to do so anytime and anywhere.
3. Skip the queuesMost retailers have developed online shopping platforms in light of the pandemic, with some even going as far as to creating mobile apps for a simple, easy to use experience. Whether you need to buy groceries or simply need retail therapy, you can do it all using your phone without having to stand in endless queues to enter stores or pay for the goods. You can even track the progress of your order every step of the way, ensuring that you’re always in the loop.
4. It’s time to upskill yourselfOnline learning has become the “new normal” and it’s not only for kids. It’s also not necessarily about studying a second degree – unless you want to of course. Go on an adventure, explore your garden and try to identify the plant life. There are apps that you can download to assist you in doing so. Google also offers a lot of free online courses if there are certain skills that you want to improve on. The options are available to you.
5. Manage your businessCloud technology enables most business owners the opportunity to access their important operational information and documents with the simp0le click of a button. This means that you have instant access to your business, making it easier to address issues and concerns should there be any. If you do choose to use your phone to access your business, always ensure that you’re using a secure connection and have remote wiping abilities should your phone be stolen.
Make The Most Of Your Time
In a fast-paced digital world, instant access like where you check this site is one of the keys to success. Time spent trying to log into multiple devices is time and money lost. Isn’t it time that you simplified your life so that you have more time to spend on the things that matter?